We believe that what we do within each ministry should flow purposefully out of what we value and love. We work together to feed the hungry.
The Connection Cafe
Temporary located at St. John's Lutheran Church, 600 6th Ave.,
- We will continue to serve lunch for as long as possible from Noon until 1:00
- Lunches will be To Go Only. In most instance this will be sack lunches to include a sandwich, chips, fruit and dessert
- Tables for distribution will be set up (weather permitting they will be set up outside, if necessary we will set them up inside)
- Groups are asked to limit the number of people preparing the meals, using gloves or washing hands properly
- 2-4 people (those not in high risk groups please) can help with distribution if able
- if possible we would like groups to prep 120 lunches, these numbers may change as we figure out how many people we will be serving
- Lunches should be placed in a paper sack with the type of sandwich written on the bag
- Each person will be limited to one lunch unless approved by Rob. If food is available we will allow one more lunch per person beginning at 12:45
- Meals should be dropped off between 11:00 and 11:30.
- if a group is unable to provide please let us know as soon as possible
To get involved in Des Moines' ecumenical eatery, contact , Cafe Coordinator.
Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) Food Pantry
Move the Food is a DMARC-led initiative to address the entire food system in Greater Des Moines, building on nearly 40 years of food assistance work, catalyzing fresh generations, and engaging new constituencies to further support a vision for a day when everyone in Polk County has enough to eat. During this time, we encourage you to give financially.
Contact Deacon John Doherty for details.
Food Pantry Needs
Please don’t forget the DMARC Food Pantry. Monetary contributions are welcome, checks payable to St, Paul's Episcopal, with DMARC Food Pantry on memo line. Donations can also be made on our website or directly at theirs.
For a full listing of needs and ways to help, please visit www.MovetheFood.org. Thank you!