Stories of Salvation: Reflecting on Identity
Sunday afternoons at 2 pm from Feb. 21-Mar. 28
Each Easter Vigil we read stories from the Old Testament that have shaped who we are as Christians. These stories were originally taught to new Christians who were preparing for baptism on Easter. Join Fr. Zeb in exploring these stories, breaking them open through the process of Lectio Divina.
This is a hybrid course, with the opportunity to join both in-person and via Zoom. In-person gatherings will be in the chapel and limited to 5 people.
Feb. 21: The Story of Creation Genesis 1:1-2:2
Feb. 28: The Flood Genesis 7:1-5,11-18; 8:6-18; 9:8-13
Mar. 7: Israel’s Deliverance at the Red Sea Exodus 14:10-15:1
Mar. 14: Salvation offered Freely to All Isaiah 55:1-11
Mar. 21: The Valley of Dry Bones Ezekiel 37:1-14
Mar. 28: The Gathering of God’s People Zephaniah 3:12-20
Wednesdays from 7:00-8:00pm
February 24, March 3, 10, 17, 24
Join the Diocese of Iowa on Wednesday evenings for an intergenerational conversation where we'll practice and learn more about nurturing kindness as a spiritual discipline. You're welcome to join for as many conversations as you're able, but you must register to receive the Zoom information. We also invite you to follow along with a daily Lenten Kindness Calendar.
End of Life Planning Webinar Series
We are hosting a five week webinar series, Thursday evenings at 7pm starting on January 28th, 2021 to help with your planning.
· Jan. 28: Spiritual preparation for death with Bishop Alan Scarfe, Rev. Richard Graves and Rev. Zeb Treloar View Session
Book suggested: Near the Exit: Travels with the Not So Grim Reaper by Lori Erickson
· Feb. 4: Legal documents such as advanced directives and living wills with Tom Tarbox and Jean Davis View Session
· Feb. 11: Planned giving with Skeet Wootten and Rev. John Doherty View Session
· Feb. 18: Palliative care and hospice with Rev. Melinda Cree-Anthony, palliative care chaplain, UnityPoint-Des Moines, and Debbie Slaikeu, UnityPoint Hospice View Session
· Feb. 25: Funeral preparation with Scott Ericksen, Hamilton's Funeral Home, and Rev. John Doherty
*Note: St. Paul's does not endorse Hamilton's Funeral Home over any other funeral home. We provide this information at the request of our presenter, who works at Hamilton's.
You may register to join the Zoom meetings, where you can ask questions and interact with our guests, or watch later as we will record and post these conversations on Facebook and YouTube by 9 pm that evening.
To register, please email our .